This is my overly detailed portfolio, detailing basically everything I have made ever (that is worth sharing). Items with a ⭐ are important. Roughly reverse chronological within each category.
Code/Computer Things #
Most of my work is in Python, Dart, or Go. Some domain-specific C++.
- ⭐ Caddy web server (43k stars), Go: Contribute a minor feature: supporting a configurable timeout
⭐ Make a WebPush protocol decryption (RFC 8291, 8188) library in Dart for the Flutter ecosystem.
- ⭐ Wrote proof of concepts for push notification infrastructure on Linux based operating systems using the D-Bus messaging system
- Using no server and the NextPush server. Written in Go.
- Wrote a library to easily authenticate to NextCloud in Go Command Line apps.
- Wrote a library for Linux apps to use the UnifiedPush API (Go and C).
- Consult with KDE and KUnifiedPush, the leading push notification library for Mobile Linux.
- ⭐ Wrote, maintain, and host common-proxies: a Go server to convert between UnifiedPush messages and Matrix, Gotify, Firebase Cloud Messaging, and Ubuntu Touch.
- Contributed IPv6 support to a dependency
- Gotify (7.9k stars): Contribute support for public account registration
- Worked with React for the UI and Go for the backend
- final PR / my individual contributions
- ⭐ Wrote a server API specification
- ⭐ Official UnifiedPush Documentation site
- Made the original site, and continue to maintain it and host it.
- Wrote the original Flutter connector plugin commits involving Android Native to Dart VM communication
Vex Robotics #
- Contributed several features to OkapiLib, (arguably) the most important library in Vex Robotics programming.
- Here’s my 2021 robot code. Used a real-time operating system and C++ to operate motors and pneumatics based on user and sensor input. Lots of things being handled.
- Wrote an (incomplete) bridge between the Matrix and GroupMe chat platforms
- Contributed to and improved a GroupMe library in Go
- Fixed a faye protocol connection library
- Contributed authentication to the Cactus Comments server - A Matrix based website comments section
Server stuff #
- Report and help debug an issue in Go-IPFS
- IPFS Based website host
- My personal server infrastructure in Ansible
- Wrote a tool in Python (and rewrote in Go) to sort and organize a bunch of files (Science Olympiad Tests) based on their filename, and then upload them to Google Drive. code
- Contribute a minor HTML rendering fix to Celehner’s Gemini feed-expanding proxy
- ⭐ Contribute several features and fixes to the Gemini protocol browser deedum written in Flutter for Android and iOS
Submit a critical bugfix to the Gemini server gmnisrv written in C
- A (partially functional) bot to send updates from Google Classroom to Discord
- Learned a lot of new tech like OAuth (i.e. Sign in with Google) and Google Cloud Pub Sub messaging.